Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome to the wrong side of the border

It's inauguration day, not of the new President of our former home, but of our blog! As a bilingual, biracial couple raising Neo down in Mexico, we're enjoying the beauties of a cultural existence the likes of which my forefathers would not have likely imagined.

I am the wetback gringo who moved south of the border -- the same one who passed sophomore Spanish with an average D. Clever thinking, right? If my teacher could see me now...

My wife, she's the intellectual of the two - brilliant poet, writer and deep thinker. Neo, is the little bundle of joy who loves to spout expressions like “Quiero washa mis hands” – yes, the true epitome of Spanglish.

Now if only the misses and I could stop picking up Neo’s expressions, we might continue to be taken seriously in our professional lives! What this blog will contain, only time will tell, but expect a mix of Spanglish scattered throughout!

The Wetback Gringo saying bienvenidos a nuestro blog!

1 comment: